Job Title: Telecommunications Regulatory Counsel / Attorney - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- International telecommunications company seeks licensed attorney to join its Legal Regulatory Department to work on international and domestic telecommunications regulatory matters in multiple countries.
- Supported companies provide subsea cable capacity, international and domestic voice services, MPLS, Internet transit, VOIP, IOT, MVNE and other cutting-edge services, including mobility products generally and mobile payment services.
- regulatory licensing
- ongoing regulatory compliance, including advising commercial attorneys and product managers on regulatory issues and providing input on regulatory sections of complex commercial agreements
- assisting in the preparation of complex external regulatory reports
- interacting and negotiating with government officials, customers, and suppliers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Law license
- 5+ years legal experience with a telecommunications company or in telecommunications at a major law firm
- Basic understanding of trending emerging technologies
- Significant knowledge of general telecommunications regulatory and corporate law
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple matters/projects and persons across a range of relevant jurisdictions and time-zones
- Engineering background a plus
- Familiarity with principles of accounting a plus
- Telecommunications contracting experience a plus