The Technical Support Engineer will be part of a team of talented Support Engineers who provide the highest level of user technical assistance possible to CollabNet’s external customers. The position encompasses troubleshooting CollabNet applications based on customer reported problems as escalated from the rest of the Support team. This tier two position is responsible for troubleshooting our application using log analysis, code review, and test systems for reproduction of application errors and/or performance problems as well as identifying code that needs refinement or repair and, optimally, generating patches to correct any identified problems.
Our product is a collaborative development platform, both hosted and installed onsite. The application is mainly installed on Linux and serves out Subversion, Git, Apache (using many of its associated projects Turbine, Lucene, Tomcat, and Velocity) utilizing PostgreSQL and sometimes Oracle as back-end databases. Java is a key component and python scripts help install, maintain, and troubleshoot the application.
- Debug our applications via log analysis, code review, and stress testing
- Analyze jvm heap dumps
- Review service distribution
- Liaise with core engineering on issues that require more in-depth code analysis
- Document activities such as specific test, problem, or solution descriptions and contribute to CollabNet's knowledge base
- Assist in installations and upgrades as necessary
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in support engineering or system administration fortune 500 experiencepreferred
- Proficient knowledge of RedHat Linux
- Experience with python is required
- Experience using SQL and databases
- Knowledge of webapp fundamentals (i.e. Apache, SSL, X509 certs, and other web related technologies) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of an organization