We are looking for Tax Accountant II for our client in Camden, NJ
Job Title: Tax Accountant II
Job Location: Camden, NJ
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Responsible for all general tax matters of the business including tax reconciliations, compliance and audits.
- Identification and implementation of key tax saving and/or process improvements.
- Provide general tax specific support for rate cases.
- Preparation and presentation of product code training and/or webinars.
- Mentor other staff for the development and training necessary to backup this position.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Analyze tax accounts to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of all assigned highly sensitive, complex, specialized and/or other assigned returns, including related disbursements.
- Have the ability to solve complex and diverse problems that require tax specific skills and job knowledge to determine best course of action.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Perform assigned account reconciliations.
- Complete timely and accurate true-ups as well adequate communication of true-ups to Accounting & Reporting, Business Partners and other impacted departments and/or areas of the company.
- Identify and implement departmental process improvements, initiatives/projects, other miscellaneous activities. Assist with acquisition and divestiture projects and requests.
- Provide research support for potential indirect tax issues/topics/risks.
- Establish relationships with key internal and external groups, including finance, accounting, rates and operational personnel.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to colleagues.
- Contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives.
- Guide, train, mentor other staff for the development and training necessary to fill this position.
- Available as initial level of support to other staff (i.e. questions on exemption certificates, compliance, Sabrix reviews, and account recs).
- Prepare and present departmental related training.
- Proactively seek self-development by assisting Supervisor by contributing in policy/practice development or changes, implementing changes and maintaining a positive and team-oriented environment.
- Respond to audit requests.
- Perform tax research and special projects as assigned. (10%)