BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent. Engineering experience in algorithm design development or analysis. Proficient in the use of Matlab, Python, and C++ or equivalent high level computing language. Strong mathematics background in linear algebra, statistical analysis and signal processing. Functional knowledge of Radar or Electronic Warfare systems, subsystems and components. Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: system analysis, architecture, algorithm development, radar control, requirements development, design, modeling and simulation, or integration and test.
Qualified candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
E1463:Systems Engineer Sr
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Radar Systems Engineering within the Mission Systems Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) is seeking a candidate to support the design, analysis, and requirements verification of legacy radar systems and high performance Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytic and communication skills and work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. Occasional travel is required.
The Radar System Engineer will:
- Apply advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop revolutionary system solutions.
- Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop models and detailed simulations to assess system performance.
- Support integration and test, evaluate test results, investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution.
- Conduct system verification and support certification activities.
- Represent the organization on contracts and interface with internal and external customers, program and senior leadership, and multidisciplinary engineering teams on significant technical matters.
Experience with techniques in target discrimination, and/or experience with predictive data filtering techniques (e.g. Kalman filters). Experience in Signal Processing, image processing techniques, and modeling signal processing operations. Demonstrated experience in technical execution and briefing technical presentations to the customers or other external stakeholders. Experience performing trades studies, requirements development - analysis, derivation, allocation, and documentation, engineering design and development, software development processes and Systems and software modeling. Familiarity with design, tools and environments for radar systems and subsystems for performance analysis and modeling. Familiarity with computer architectures and algorithm development for a range of system/subsystem applications. Strong interpersonal skills with comfort working on geographically diverse teams. Strong communication skills, (written and verbal). Able to work independently or as a member of a team.