Develops and maintains enterprise architecture for information technology by performing independent analyses, appraisals, observations, and recommendations.
- Performs independent analyses and recommendations relating to technical systems and process solution architectures.
- Participates in the recommendation and development of migration strategies, enterprise business process integration into IT, integration of IT into enterprise business processes, and IT investment strategies.
- Recommends strategic provider relationships and licensing arrangements.
- Defines Company enterprise architecture encompassing IT systems, applications, and LAN/WANnetworks including data, voice, video, and messaging services worldwide across terrestrial and satellite links, land mobile radio, cellular, and satellite telephone and other relevant technologies.
- Provides a framework for stabilizing IT and communications solutions across the enterprise to achieve economies of scale along with reduced, predictable costs for those services and increased responsive support for business development.
- Develops and promulgates metrics defining both compliance with enterprise architecture and progress toward implementation while reflecting migration phases and different implementation stages as necessary.
- Communicates enterprise architecture to decision-makers; implements teams and users via models, charts, drawing, diagrams, and other appropriate methods.
- Works closely with IT leadership and business process owners to develop migration and appropriate funding and chargeback strategies to achieve timely implementation of the developed enterprise architecture.
- Works closely with business process analysts and engineers, IT investment analysts and managers, licensing mangers, and enterprise providers to ensure tightly coordinated and achievable enterprise architecture.
- Works closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Directors of IT Operations and Field IT Support to ensure the enterprise architecture meets and continues to meet the needs of Company programs, staff elements, and customer.
- Develops processes for modifications to the enterprise architecture, including processes for identifying and resolving issues related to compliance with the enterprise architecture and for handling exceptions to compliance. Participates in escalation procedures for resolution of noncompliance to ensure innovation opportunities are properly captured and recognized.
Knowledge & Skills
- MCSE, CCNA, CISSP, PMP, or CPA
- Ability to uphold integrity and confidentiality with access to business sensitive competitive information.
- Familiarity with Federal contracting environments, public company operations, and experience with rapid growth and/or implementation/transition requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of IT and communications technology capabilities, covering current and emerging technologies.
- Ability to track and predict market trends and effectively apply to business needs and implementation strategies.
- Knowledge and experience with both successful and unsuccessful architecture projects and experience in large enterprise systems integration.
- Experience with new architectural approaches such as convergence, telepresence, Service-oriented, and Geospatial technologiesdesired.
Experience & Education
- Typically seven (7) plus years IT work experience in software, computer systems, information management, or information technology with at least five years management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering or software engineering or related discipline. Two (2) years experience in Information Technology or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years college.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Ability to travel and travelinternationally to areas such as Middle East, Africa, Asia, and/or South America and may work in abnormal or unusual remote working environment and/or conditions.