Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turnrisk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson’s Consumer Directed Accounts (Acclaris) enables our clients to transform the way they offer and administer consumer-driven health (CDH) and reimbursement accounts, maximizing their revenue and profit opportunity. Our integrated end-to-end operations, consumer focus and true private label approach helps our clients increase revenue and lower costs, while delivering market-leading CDH products and services under their own brand. Consumer Directed Accounts (CDA/Acclaris) currently powers and serves many industry leaders (Financial Institutions, HROs, TPAs and Health Plans) in the CDH and reimbursement account space.
Awards & Recognition:
- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has named Willis Towers Watson a leader on the Global Outsourcing 100 since 2011.
- Everest Research named Willis Towers Watson a Star Performer in the Leaders category in 2014, and has recognized Willis Towers Watson as an industry leader since 2010.
- Fortune magazine ranked Willis Towers Watson number one in the diversified outsourcing industry on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list in 2015.
- Willis Towers Watson has been listed on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list since 2012.
Reporting to the Senior Client Change Manager, the Systems Analyst is responsible for using their business acumen, discretion and client service skills to identify a client’s products and solutions, ascertain process flaws and devise improvements, and deploy new solutions to customer concerns. The systems analyst will be instrumental in continuing to build and enhance Consumer Directed Accounts’ Implementations Team. The position requires a high degree of business and analytical skills to solve complex problems, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, and the ability to work independently to deliver on time and on-budget solutions.
- Confer with clients and internal teams to set requirements definitions with users, using discretion to help customer and internal technical teams to understand and implement client requirements.
- Partner with CDA IT teams to plan conversion mapping from existing systems to Acclaim platform.
- Act as a Technical lead on standard implementations or participant of customized implementations. This includes reviewing file layouts, requirements and other technical elements with client technical contacts.
- Support the implementation of products and services, systems, and procedures in an operational environment.
- Partner with client CRM or Client Implementation Manager to write and review functional and or technical specifications for client customizations or internal enhancements.
- Identify trends to begin root cause analysis.
- Perform system configurations in multiple platforms.
- Write and execute SQL and PL/SQL queries and update scripts.
- Write and review test plans for all areas of technology including file loads, web applications, and backend processes.
- Perform Testing of internal enhancements and Client Change Controls including running file load programs.
- Control Planning and Production Verification for Implementations and New Product Development.
- Minimum 3 years working with relational databases, writing, and debugging queries using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing basic QA/UAT scripts and/or business requirements documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in Data Analysis.
- Proven communication skills, self-motivated, results oriented, and able to work independently.
- Advanced MS Access and Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the health care field or health care claim data a plus.
- Experience with Java or files containing PHI a plus.