Sr. Manager, R & D and PMO - Beauty Division
8 - 10 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
The Sr. Manager, R&D and PMO will be responsible for leading a team of design engineers on new product development (NPD) and sustaining product engineering for key product categories. Moderate amount of travel may be required. This position will:• Manage Design and Packaging engineers to ensure appropriate levels of capability and capacity are attained.• Provide technical oversight of design and development of new products via New Product Development Stage-Gate process• Require the ability to work effectively with other disciplines including Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance, and Supply ChainTasks & Responsibilities• Develops and monitorscategory Profit & Loss (P&L) and keydrivers that affect overall programfinancial health to ensure programs meet established objectives (e.g., margins, costs, revenue, etc.)• Decides upon project success criteria and drives path forward to achieve success in most timely and cost effective manner.• Manages the performance of technical personnel to provide feedback on regular basis.• Coaches, mentors, and develops plans for technical personnel to increase the effectiveness of the team.• Completes projects byscheduling/assigning employees and following up on work to ensure overall program success.• Reviews project proposals and plans to develop technical project objectives.• Develops and manages timing and action plan for projects of significant scope for self, team members, and/or directreports to ensure projects deliver on time, cost, and quality.• Proposes critical activities to execute program objectives.•Applies data as a subject matter expert (SME) in cross-functional teams to pursue creative solutions to business-critical challenges and roadblocks.• Reviews customer feedback to determine necessary action plans to resolve.• Champions brainstorming and ideation sessions to develop product solutions.• Prepares project status and communicatesrisks to upper management with proper level of detail and recovery plans to gain alignment from management.•Investigates mitigation strategies to ensure the best outcome for the company.• Coordinates efficient meetings to establish cadence and techniques.• Leads forums to encourage ideation and technicalsharing.• Administers strategy and vision to support change agenda as it pertains to the department.• Validates product test methodology and performance to review test results.
The successful candidate will be an established Project Manager with a proven track record of driving successful project delivery on-time and within budget. The successful candidate must have strategic capabilities as well as be hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution. Key Qualifications:
- BS/BA or University degree.
- 7-10 years’ experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a project or program leadership role.
- Experience with projects comprised of several large, inter-related workstreams preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong focus and proven ability to facilitate relations between functions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with structured project management methodologies.
- Logical and creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possesses basic business financial knowledge.
- Proficient in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and PlanView (or similar PPM tool).
- Possesses influencing skills (leads by example, clearly articulates business cases and interpretation of cause-effect impact).
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Highly effective organization and planning skills.
- Ability to scope and size work efforts effectively.
- Ability to support the needs of and interact appropriately with cross-functional personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills are required.
- Exhibits self-confidence.
- Strong preference for demonstrated success proactively driving projects and achieving desired outcomes on time and within agreed upon budget.
- Broad knowledge of a general engineering field such as chemical, civil, electrical, or mechanical
- General business acumen in accounting, finance and business administration
- Strong process orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Technical knowledge
Job ID 1703524.