Proofpoint is seeking a highly, experienced individual to join the Professional Services team to be an individual contributor in managing large-scale, highly complex and visible customer engagements, and assist the Professional Services Management team in building Professional Services engineering and development best practices. This candidate will proactively lead architectural and solution design activities from the pre-sales discussions with customers, through the final deployment of the Proofpoint solution.
- Establish a clear technical and architectural vision for the Professional Services group and other teams that integrate with the group’s products and services.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for continuous learning and a driving intellectual curiosity by bringing fresh perspectives on leading industry standards, best practices, emerging trends and direction.
- Build alone or with others proof of concepts for new ideas and later, support engineering efforts to bring those to production level code.
- Engage with new and existing enterprise customers at the ‘C’ level, as a technical expert, working with other Proofpoint Engineers and Consultants, leading the project to implement Proofpoint solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales, support, engineering, and product management, to ensure successful product direction and project delivery
- Serve as the customer advocate to Proofpoint product management.
- Manage customer escalations as necessary and drive issues to resolution
- Collaborate with Professional Services managers and other departments in building Professional Services Project Management Best Practices
What you bring to the team
- BSCS or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, either working with a top tier bank in supporting the broker dealer division, or delivering services for the Financial Services industry in Archive, Supervision, or eDiscovery
- 5+ years industry experience in a customer-facing Professional Services role
- 3+ years industry experience in an architect role
- Strong project and product management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Technical background in enterprise applications, software, email systems, and services
- A thorough background of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining sight of the big picture
- Approachable demeanor, the ability to build trust with team members
- Able to impact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically
- Resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and enhance cooperative working relationships
- Adept at conflict resolution: This job entails working with a variety of people and personalities.
- Some travel required