As the Software Development Director you will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing commercial grade customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced startup environment. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and an open mind for new approaches.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, mentor team members and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the software engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers and technical leads to architect and develop the best design and approach.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, system performance and KPIs to management.
Minimum Qualifications (Must have)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals.
- 10+ years' experience building successful production software systems.
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time, on budget and of superb quality.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Solid Cloud architecture and implementation experience (AWS is preferred)
- Deep hands-on full stack technical expertise from database design and software lifecycle management to UI design and services.
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks such as C#, .Net, AngularJS, Node.js, Python, as well as the ecosystems around them (TFS, Visual Studio, Eclipse, JIRA, Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Masters/Ph.D. Degree.
- Biological Background or relevant experience in BioTech highly desired
- Big Data and AWS cloud expertise. PostgreSQL and RedShift DB expertise.
- Previous experience producing compliant software for regulated environments following best programming practices
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Strong technical vision.
- Open office environment
- Global environment with multiple sites, which may require work beyond standard business hours
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending and kneeling
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds