Software Development Engineer I - Campus
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries and over 3,700 employees, our 2016 net revenue was over $2.35 billion. Travelport is comprised of:
- A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world's leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobiletravel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
- Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Software Development Engineer I
Travelport is seeking a Software Development Engineer I who will be part of an agile development team designing and building next generation travel solutions.
- Produce high quality code that meets specification and adheres to development standards for a single application or sub-system under broad supervision
- Design minor complexity components and implements them
- Perform problem/task isolation, analysis, research and resolution of moderate complexity with minimum assistance
- Assist in analysis and design of large or highly complex products
- Work effectively in immediate team and across wider matrixed organization as required
- Deliver quality outputs in timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize assigned work activities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or combination of experience and education
- 0-2 years of experience using C, C++ or IBM Assembler
- Strong critical thinking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn technical skills (via internet, books, and other resources)
- Some experience developing, deploying or supporting solutions on distributed applications
- Some experience in software development strongly preferred including Software Development Life Cycle experience, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
- Experience in Quality Assurance, project management, operations and other technical areas helpful
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) Visio as applicable
- Practical knowledge of using Microsoft Project as a planning tool and working in a Project Server Environment
- Experience of Jira for Requirements/ Story management and work management tools (eg: KANBAN if applicable to area)
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Travelport (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Travelport is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Less than 1 year
Posted: June 29, 2017
Req ID: 4873BR