The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and building new applications with a middleware focus for upcoming company initiatives for our Direct Client. The candidate must possess a strong set of troubleshooting and analytical skills, as well as the ability to research and resolve technical problems. Extensive experience building consumer-facing, mobile applications with Java, Spring, and API integration is required. Experience with J2EE Middleware (JBOSS, MuleSoft, Websphere, etc.) is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES And RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as lead engineer on product development team, providing oversight and mentorship for team members, both on-site and off shore.
• Deliver secure coding solutions using the latest industry standards and tools.
• Design highly available, scalable and highly performing solutions.
• Deliver high quality coding solutions, including QA automation.
• Ensure that the solution is delivered on time, with quality and meeting requirements.
• Work in an agile environment and deliver a consistent burn down rate.
• Provide product teams an accurate level of effort estimates to maintain a well-groomed backlog.
• Partner with business units and provide engineering insight on product design.
• 6+ years hands on development experience.
• Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
• Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
• Solid ORM and OOD skills are required
• Experience with a J2EE platform; i.e. Mulesoft, Websphere, JBOSS, or Weblogic (very strong preference for JBOSS EAP experience) is a big plus
• Extensive experience with MySQL or Postgres
• Experience Docker and Jenkins preferred.
• Must have hands-on experience building APIs and implementing common SOA design patterns and experience with REST web services
• Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
• Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
• Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc. is required
• Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) is a plus
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) with various level of stakeholders, from developer to senior management