This position reports to the Engineering Manager within the Research and Development group at Teledyne Advanced Pollution Instrumentation (TAPI). As the lead Project Engineer, for the Nitrogen Oxide monitoring technologies, this individual will be responsible for developing project proposals, schedule prepartation, managing approved concurrent projects, defining the design of technologies to address next generation products, while also addressing the sustaining needs of current products.
The successful candidate, working in conjuction with other team members, will be expected to lead projects to a successful completion, in accordance with approved schedules, while working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Submit project proposals to upper management. Manage approved projects through to production implementation.
- Define high level product requirements through collaboration with key groups within TAPI, such as: Marketing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Customer Service.
- Become the lead Technical represntative for Nitrogen Oxide sensor technologies at TAPI.
- Using Solid Works 3D CAD software design technologies to align with defined product level requirements.
- Perfom sustaining activities on legacy products to address customer needs.
- Flexibility is very important. As the project Engineer the candidate will be responsible for project management, while at the same time be responsible for overseeing or conducting verification testing in the lab.
- Provide technical interface and communication with Engineering, Marketing, Regulatory agencies, Customer Support and Operations as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10+ years real world industrial work experience. Experience within an instrumentation design and development environment preferred.
- Have strong project management and leadership qualities, based on prior experience in a product development environment.
- Proficiency designing mechanical parts, assemblies, and drawings using Solidworks 3D CAD software preferred.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the operation and application of pneumatic technologies, such as: pumps, gas regulators, electronic valves, and flow control devices.
- Have the desire to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills to make sound technical decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within, and mentor, a cross functional team.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Must have experience with MS Word, MS Project, Excel, Outlook and other office productivity software.
- This position will involve repetitive work utilizing a computer, keyboard, mouse and essential laboratory equipment 90% of the time.
- The position will require frequent sitting, reaching, reading, looking, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, walking, turning, twisting.
Requisition ID 2017-4715