Waters Corporation is currently leading a search for a Senior Indirect Commodity Manager tojoin our purchasing organization. In this role, the individual will be a key member of the Indirect Spend Commodity Management Team and will be directly responsible for managing supplier relationships, supplier selection, negotiations and contract terms & conditions. The primary responsibility of this role is to purchase services and goods related to various indirect commodities that support the following business stakeholders organizations (Marketing, IT, RD&E, Operations, Facilities, Sales & Services, HR, Finance and Chemistry).
- Manage supplier relationships, supplier selection, negotiations and contract terms & conditions.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the most favorable price, contract terms & conditions, payment terms and delivery, while driving to meet and/or exceed the quality of service and/or goods requested by the business owner. Detailed in depth knowledge related to indirect spend categories will be required.
- Development of RFQ's to lead and manage supplier selection and contract spend. The ability to analyze past and present spend data, manage projects, meet timelines, and work with cross functional teams throughout various organizations.
- Negotiate and implement cost reduction and supplier consolidation strategies for both our operating expenses and capital improvement projects.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 7+ years Commodity Manager experience within Indirect related spends categories
- ERP system - SAP is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and contract terms & conditions skills are a must have
- Ability to lead and influence change within cross functional teams
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive policy, process and change across various organizations