In the role of Senior Counsel you will:
- Provide day to day legal and compliance advice to the operations of the Bently Nevada and Control Solutions businesses on a range of legal issues, including day to day matters, business risk assessment and commercial matters.
- Provide legal support and input to the business' and proactively improving or developing commercial processes, due diligence & legal productivity, simplicity, and standardization.
- Provide proactive legal services to the business with a primary focus on the delivery of general commercial / corporate support, which will include: drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of transactions related to the M&C’s business, and business development related transactions.
- Serve as legal advisor on all significant business transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures or other strategic relationships / transactions, recognizing that functional counsel and outside legal counsel may play a significant role in these transactions.
- Provide legal support to the business regarding channel partners, including agreement preparation, execution, and process support.
- Provide preliminary legal support to business regarding contract interpretation and guidance, particularly regarding disputes or other issues that develop during contract execution.
- Serve as the primary lawyer for the business’ legal issue of particular product lines and working with other legal functions and regional counsel as and when appropriate, including M&A, litigation, EHS and labor & employment counsels.
As Compliance Leader, you will:
- Establish compliance vision & priorities for Digital Solutions. Perform risk assessments to evaluate key risks.
- Ensure rigorous programs to identify, manage and abate key risks, including collecting and reporting on information about risk areas: e.g. early warning system, metrics, audit results.
- Develop and implement compliance programs, support compliance investigations and lead compliance review boards for Digital Solutions.
- Support concern-reporting system, supporting investigations, as required, and ensuring matters are closed quickly and appropriate actions taken.
- Design and conduct strong communication and training programs to drive employee awareness about key risks and legal and compliance initiatives.
- Collaborate with regional legal colleagues and subject matters experts to advise the business on complex legal/compliance issues that arise out of the Digital Solutions’ global operation.
- Juris Doctor (or global equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business law at a large law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Possess an active bar membership
- Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic abilities, and a well-developed sense of humor.
- Superior advocacy and communication skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, an aptitude for practical negotiation, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests and ability to share lessons learned with the legal and business teams.
- Strong commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion for excellence.
- Work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to work in a matrixed reporting environment.
- Substantial "hands-on" experience on commercial matters.
- Substantial experience and success in working and negotiating with international customers.
- Ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
- Experience with compliance issues, such as: remote site risks, controllership, FCPA, antimoney laundering and privacy.
- Ability to communicate in English and demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proven leadership experience and abil