Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering business value to customers by architecting effective information systems solutions that address the customer’s business problems, needs and opportunities.
- Has knowledge of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools and understands how to apply this knowledge to successfully deliver customer projects.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels by understanding the customer’s business context and unique situation.
- Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of a solution.
- Experience working on strategy projects including assessing current state, recommending the future state architecture, identifying gaps and developing recommendations to remediate and close the gaps.
- Deep understanding with ability to develop the data integration architecture, data architecture, recommend hardware and software infrastructure and the reporting and analytics architecture.
- Is a strong supporter of the professional development framework for BI and can use the knowledge and best practices to the benefit of customers.
- Applies project management experience and subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Lead the facilitation with other architects and resources to review alternatives – their pros and cons – and drive to resolution by selecting the appropriate alternative that is the best fit to meet the customer’s needs.
- Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Provides direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
- Ability to handle most unique situations including difficult personalities yet mature enough to seek advice from others in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Ability to provide detailed estimates for all activities within the scope of BI and Analytics.
- Can tune the components of a BI and Analytics architecture in order to maximize end-to-end performance.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in BI architecture as it relates to data warehouses, BI and Big Data is required.
- 8+ years’ experience with Data Warehouses and BI.
- 2+ years’ experience with Big Data.
- Data warehouse analysis and design with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and dimensional modeling experienced development skills such as SQL scripting/Stored Procedures/Creating Views/etc.
- Experience with solution architecture, data modeling, reporting, and data warehouse tools/concepts
- Experience with data warehouse efforts creating (ETL) and performance tuning aspects
- Experience in creation and execution of EDW/BI test plans
- Understanding/Experience with BI concepts and development methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or a related field is required
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills, a high degree of creative ability, analytical and technical skills, and independent judgment.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with developers, managers, functional users, and executives.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Implementations like AWS, Azure etc…
- Experience designing and building with other integration tools, such as Informatica, DataStage and Talend.
- Experience performing Big Dataengineering within the Hadoop Framework (preferably the Cloudera or Hortonworks distribution).