Responsible for the accurate and timely release of multiple software products into Paychex's non-production test environments and or production environments. Coordinates the activities of internal partners, such as Web Engineering, DBAs, Delivery Teams, and Development, to ensure accurate and timely software or product releases. Devises and tweaks the processes needed to ensure software builds are fast, automated and reliable.
- Provides primary support for software release-related incidents. Undertakes immediate effort in order to resolve release-related incidents as quickly as possible. Tracks all incidents using approved methods and systems. Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution on build and release issues. Carry out fault diagnosis relating to build failures.
- Works with internal partners to develop long-term, permanent solutions to incidents that occur frequently and/or across multiple environments. For example, collaborate with Web Engineering and Development to proactively eliminate release-related failures due to gaps in configuration management and testing processes, through improved processes and tooling.
- Leverages skills and experience with software development and web engineering to release software into Paychex's non-production and production environments, using approved release methods and processes. Ensures accuracy and completeness prior to release. Ensure, where possible, that an automated approach is being taken to all aspects of software build and management.
- Works in close partnership with organizations within PMO, Support, Infrastructure and Development to ensure releaseschedules are met while maintaining adherence to quality and automation standards. Works directly with Release Coordination on all releases to make sure each release follows the official releaseschedule and occurs during scheduled time periods. Assess, plan and assist the product teams with the design and orchestration of release packages prior to deployment into the environments.
- Coordinates the release-related technical activities of internal partners, as part of a release process. Coordinates resource-specific technical activities requiring Development, Test Engineering, Delivery Teams, Web Engineering, and/or DBA, during a release.
- Works with internal partners to ensure consistent release processes and environment configurations across all non-prod and production environments. Collaborates with Development Build & Release Engineers and Development & Test Environment Engineers to ensure consistent application of configuration changes across the non-prod environments, through improved processes and tooling.
- Establishes and maintains software release best-practices and installation and troubleshooting guides, using approved information management tools.
- Analyzes current release processes and procedures, drives continuous improvement. Develops internal solutions to resolve issues, or champions the promotion of these strategies within PD&IT management and internal partners.
- Works with internal partners to develop, automate, and maintain the process of software build and release, ultimately leading to implementation of continuous delivery. For example, collaborate with EBA and Continuous Delivery teams to automate specific release activities that require manual intervention by Web Engineering, currently. Keeps abreast of developments in software engineering, continuous delivery and automation technologies.
- Provides after-hour release support, including over-night and weekends as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS.
- 5 years of experience in Enterprise application development, DBA, and/or IT operations.
- Experience implementing release processes with automation tools, preferably in an enterprise environment. Experience debugging release-related issues, including analyzing stack traces, system and application logs, and other data sources. Experience configuring, and maintaining Linux and Windows OS and applications, from the command line. Experience with web servers, application servers, database servers, and middle-ware components. Experience with release management and enterprise scheduling tools. Experience with operational intelligence and application performance management tools. Experience writing automation scripts for both Linux and Windows-based systems.
Requisition #: INF-17-00102