Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Provides development of Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
- Provides an independent assessment of how project's quality control processes are being implemented relative to the defined process and recommends methods to optimize the organization's process.
- Developing, tracking, and maintaining quality control metrics.
- Establishing and maintaining quality control standards, procedures, and processes.
- Experience conducting quality reviews of all products and providing periodic Quality training to ensure standards are maintained.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through monthly check-ins with APMs, PAPMs, and the COR.
- Implementing immediate corrective actions when quality issues are identified.
• Providing continuous process improvement through process efficiency and monitoring.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
Bachelor’s Degree in quality assurance or BS degree with 5years of experience in leading quality control efforts for Navy C4I technical programs. CISSP or equivalent IAM III certification IAW DoDM 8570. Experience leading and managing quality control efforts across complex Navy programs and projects to ensure products (briefings, papers, acquisition documents, financial documents, Navy correspondence) are delivered on time withhigh quality results.