Proofpoint is seeking a proactive, organized and experienced individual with excellent customer service and project management skills to join the Professional Services team. Your role will include planning and managing midsize engagements. You will be responsible for setting customer expectations, tracking SOWs, facilitating communication and escalations and planning and driving projects to successful completion.
- Engage with new and existing enterprise customers in a technical project management capacity.
- Work with the project team to create detailed project plans and drive them to completion.
- Track and manage project dependencies, work progress, budgeted hours and resource allocation.
- Coordinate and facilitate planning and working meetings.
- Ensure plans are aligned with resources, company objectives, and technical standards.
- Ensure plan objectives and milestones are clearly defined and attainable.
- Provide regular status reports to customer and management as necessary
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that processes are being followed.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including sales, support, engineering, and product management, to ensure successful completion of customer engagements.
- Serve as the customer advocate to Proofpoint departments during the engagement process.
- Facilitate customer escalations, driving issues to resolution.
- Manage internal projects within Professional Services Operations Team to improve quality and efficiency of services to customer.
- Collaborate with Professional Services team as well as other departments in refining and expanding Professional Services operations best practices and processes.
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years industry experience in a customer-facing technical field such as professional services, sales engineering, or technical support
- Experience in large systems design and project implementation for enterprise email environments
- UNIX system administration experience
- Broad technical knowledge of Internet products and technologies
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work, particularly HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, RFC822, LDAP, PKI
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Strong Sendmail and messaging infrastructure system administration experience
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization both technically and politically