Nestlé and Starbucks are bringing together the world’s most iconic coffee brands. Starbucks’ robust productportfolio celebrates coffee with rich tradition – customerexperience is paramount. Coupled with Nestlé’s mission to enhance the quality of consumers’ lives and contributing to a healthier future, this strategic alliance will create career opportunities that will drive innovation and go-to-market strategies, bringing the best coffee to customers around the world. It has never been a more exciting time to join (Nestlé Starbucks).
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Nestle Starbucks Coffee's success by playing an integral role in the At Home Coffee (AHC) Team’s pursuit & development of insights, particularly data-based stories developed around our new item launch performance, the impact on our growth agenda and the categories’ overall performance. Furthermore, this role will be tasked with leading the cross-functional teams charged with successfully launching new items to ensure the brand remains healthy in key segments & with key customers. The ideal candidate for this role will be eager to satiate a curious mind, has a passion for data/analytics and their contribution to developing & delivering brand strategy, as well as a longer-term interest in brand development/management.
Models and acts in accordance with the organization's guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Business Analytics, Reporting & Storytelling:
• Leads on-going new item launch analysis for AHC (identifying trends, highlighting risks and unlocking opportunities), including reporting on their contribution to, and highlighting any risks against, their delivery of the “Innovation Building Block” in the Annual Operating Plan.
• Analyzes consumer and marketplace data and trends to develop a deeper understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer, category or competitive set.
• Leads on going competitive new-item tracking, including initiating supplementary deeps dives when necessary, to highlight risks and identify emerging opportunities.
• Support the brand’s need to identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation
• Assists in the development & management of annual marketing budgets, including optimization recommendations based on delivery against defined objectives.
Product Renovation & Innovation:
• Applies insights from market research and analytics to identify near-term and long-term renovation and innovation opportunities in support of the brand’s overall strategy.
• Creates and owns the business cases for new products, making recommendations on objectives, pricing & profitability, packaging and lifecycle management.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage projects on time and on budget as well and demonstrate decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return
• Leads cross-functional teams responsible for new product development approach & commercialization strategies, including managing project timelines to deliver channel- or customer-specific opportunities.
Marketing & Promotions:
• Flawlessly implements and executes marketing strategies/programs on an as needed basis to support product/business objectives.
• Applies data-based performance insights from Marketing Mix Analysis in support of delivering strong program/product specific ROI
Summary of Experience
• Progressive experience in product or brand management (2-4 years)
• Leading or assisting in development of product concepts, from conception through implementation (2 years)
• MBA preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data.
• Ability to analyze business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss.
• Working knowledge of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management.
• Working knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals.
• Must be able to work in a matrix environment, able to collaborate cross functionally, and be a strong team player.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadline.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to influencing others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
• Ability to build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group. Recognizes the importance of solid relationships.
• Ability to resolve issues or debates independently in most situations.