Product Launch Sr. Program Manager
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Operations Program Office, the Product Launch Program Management function is responsible for managing strategic global product launches. Partnering with the Launch Business Owner, the role will drive all product launch work streams. The work streams represent key business functions required to do a successful launch and will include key stakeholders from organizations across the company.
Launch stakeholders include but are not limited to:
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Product Marketing
- Corporate Marketing
- Professional Services
- Field Services
- Customer Support
The Product Launch Program Management function’s primary goal is to ensure high quality, global launches that enable Workday to successfully meet the needs of our customers and partners leading to new customer and positive references. Another key goal is the continued refinement of the launch process including developing best practices and tools that drive efficient and effective cross organization collaboration.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Create and execute company-wide holistic planrequired for a successful global launch for new products/services/solutions focused on successful customer engagement and effective cross functional team collaboration. Manage global work streams, providing strategic and tactical management and oversight. Be the single voice of truth on launch progress and challenges providing executive and detailed status updates and reports to all stakeholders.
- Global launch strategy and execution
- In collaboration with Launch Business Owner and key stakeholders, define launch plan, works streams and cross functional teams
- Manage launch plan, issues, challenges and risks including cross work stream dependencies
- Define and communicate roles and responsibilities for cross-functional team to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Infuse customer input throughout launch to reflect and refine approach focused on continuous improvement of the customer experience
- Manage work stream leaders conducting regular launch meetings to assess progress, issues and challenges for each work stream
- Continually assess launch risks and mitigation strategies
- Own overall launch communication strategy and plan
- Provide executive and detailed launch updates and status reporting, including metrics to measure launch progress and success
- Manage launch exit criteria and closure
- Global launch process management
- Create/refine end to end launch processes, work stream activities and issue/risk management
- Develop/update best practices and tools to support launches (e.g. product, technology, services)
- Leverage techniques that drive effective cross team collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Evaluate effective communications strategies that facilitates work stream execution and launch updates across all levels of the organization
- Monitor and improve launch metrics, status updates and reporting
Skills, Education and Experience
- BS or Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 10+ years working with software and/or technology solutions
- 10+ yrs experience program/project management with a strong process orientation and cross functional team management
- Strong understanding of product development and/or launch cycle; prefer specific product launch experience
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences articulating the strategic value of the launch, work stream activities and program quantifying business impacts
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills for all levels within an organization
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and conflict management skills to manage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.