- Prepare and submit various FERC and state financial report filings and tariff filings as needed.
- Ensure compliance with AFE and allocation processes.
- Improve existing processes already in place and develop new ones as needed.
- Ability to review complex contracts and ensure accounting compliance.
- Assemble source data and prepare monthly pipeline/terminal accounting allocations and statements for gas and crude oil assigned assets. Prepare, analyze and record monthly operational accounting close transactions for those assigned assets.
- Prepare and record monthly shipper invoices according to contracts or filed tariffs.
- Complete month end variance analyses and provides explanations by pipeline/asset for all revenue and operating expenses, comparing to prior month and to forecast. Ensure expenses are correctly accrued.
- Reconcile and report on profit/loss and pipeline imbalances.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for various assets to ensure all revenue is collected timely and adjustment items are identified and completed timely.
- Prepare monthly cash application for assigned assets.
- Prepare monthly cash forecast for assigned assets.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Travel required from time to time, up to 10%.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Eight (8) years minimum experience or minimum six (6) years of which two must be with Hilcorp or Affiliate Company in oil and gas accounting.
- Excellent understanding of transactional accounting and the eventual flow of that information to financial reporting with the ability to explain the process and communicate with peers and management.
- Excellent understanding of accounting cost allocation and cost allocation groups.
- Ability to identify and analyze accounting and financial reporting questions and develop solutions responsive to those questions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
Required: Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook).
Preferred: Strong working knowledge of Enertia oil and gas software, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Access.
Required: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year university of college with a concentration in accounting.