- Design cranes, material handling equipment and other devices in Solidworks. The qualified candidate will be working in a structured 3-D environment where sharing models between engineers is the norm.
- Ability to design mechanical drive systems and perform initial sizing calculations to properly apply motors, gearboxes, couplings, and othermechanical components.
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to precisely follow customer specifications and industry codes from many different countries.
- Properly annotate drawings with AWS D1.1 weld symbols, ANSI machining symbols and other standardized signs to clearly illustrate your design for the customer and our manufacturing facilities.
- Develop Bills of Materials (BOM) to itemize all the components of themechanical design.
- Be able to work in a collaborative design with other disciplines tofacilitate our turn-key projects, including electrical, structural, civil, installation crew, etc.
- Perform design changes to existing equipment (modernization projects) for customer that want to upgrade their material handling devices.
- Provide phone support and technical assistance when asked by our installation crew or customers.
- Develop detailed technical specifications and procedures for customer use.
- Perform optimization of bridge girders, trolleys and other crane components by working in an interactive Team environment to reduce costs and improve delivery schedules.
Must be self motivated, display leadership abilities, have knowledge of ASME, AISC and CMAA. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering. Must have a minimum of five years of related experience plus be computer literate in Excel and Word. It is a requirement the applicant knows Solidworks or Pro-E. Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally, including entrance to nuclear power plants.