The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD's) Development and Sustainment's Contract (DSC) in support of the Missile Defense Agency. The GMD element is comprised of the Ground Systems (GS) and Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) components and is a critical part of the nations layered Ballistic Missile Defense System providing the US with the capability to engage and intercept long range ballistic missile threats during midcourse flight. The GS component provides the capability to process data received from radars and overhead sensors, communicate across a complex network of redundant nodes, interact with the warfighter, compute intercept solutions, command and direct the GBI to intercept. Northrop Grumman has an opening for a GMD Fire Control (GFC/C) Operations Manager 1 at Ft. Greely Alaska.
Responsible for planning, coordinating, executing and supporting 24x7 operations for a deployed missile defense program. Will provide qualified subcontractor candidates to support operational activities for the GMD Missile Defense Agency mission at Ft. Greely, Alaska. The successful candidate will provide management, engineering support and technical direction to the operational mission team in the areas of network monitoring and operational system software execution. This includes ensuring all 24x7 console operator positions are continuously manned with qualified employees. The employee will also play a central role in checklist development/review and adherence to established processes and procedures. The employee will be responsible for maintaining a coordinated team environment under the GMD One-Team philosophy operating with our strategic partner, subcontractors and government customers. He or She will direct a training program and provide technical knowledge for the safe and reliable operation of the mission systems. He or she will be directly responsible for the development, execution, and management of employee qualification training for assigned personnel. May also be required to analyze current operating problems and future operational requirements to identify training needs and recommend process and procedure enhancements. The Operations Manager 1 will ensure all anomalies are recorded using the Northrop Grumman Test and Observation Note (TON) process. Will perform periodic reviews, support training board meetings and make final determination on qualification for console operators. Candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with our strategic partner and variety of military and government customers. Candidate must be proactive, display a high level of initiative, work well with others, and must take ownership of problems and work them to resolution. To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with 5+ years of experience or 9 years of directly related experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Active Department of Defense Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top secret with SCI
- Two or more years’ experience managing small teams
- Experience following written processes and procedures
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work well with the military customer and other subcontractors
Candidates with these qualifications will be given preferential consideration
- DOD Top Secret Security clearance and SCI
- DOD 8570 level 2 certification or higher (minimum Sec +)
- Experience with Unix, Solaris, Redhat, and Linux operating systems
- Experience in software test, integration, and evaluation
- Familiarity with Networking fundamentals and/or Computer Systems Operations management
- Experience with GMD or BMDS programs
- Experience managing diverse teams and personnel