The ESSM Design Agent and Growth Program Manager will be responsible for the sustainment and growth of the ESSM Design Agent Contract for Domestic and International customers. The Program Manager will also be accountable for the planning and execution of missions, working small studies on new technology and resolving obsolescence issues. The program manager will be accountable to meet cost, schedule, and performance incentives on the design agent program valued at $45M/ year in programs and IRADs.
This position is located Tucson, Arizona, but will require frequent international travel. Additional responsibilities include establishing, nurturing and maintaining an agile environment on program, along with establishing relationships with government customers and key industrial partners throughout the world. The program manager will be an integral part of the growth strategy of the program and will be relied upon to identify new markets, capabilities and missions.Other duties will include organizing, maintaining, improving, and focusing all aspects of Design Agent resources for the achievement of program objectives.
The program manager must be capable of independently determining priorities, interpreting and applying company policies, establishing and executing long-term strategic goals, and recommending organizational objectives for desired results. This position is responsible for the collaboration across multiple product lines and working the configuration/commonality across a family of missiles.
The position will be responsible for execution of program content to meet customer requirements and achieve internal financial objectives. In addition, the program manager will also be responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships with internal business leaders, including NAMD leadership team. International travel will be required and expected at approximately 25% yearly.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES:
- ·Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in international/domestic development or production of
- ·Experience managing risk, cost, quality, and schedule performance effectively
- ·Demonstrated success in strategic planning and ability to analyze and evaluate missions, requirements, technologies and capabilities
- ·Demonstrated experience successfully managing proprietary programs
- ·Working knowledge of Life Cycle support and program business finance processes
- ·EVMS certification
- ·Ability to lead in an agile environment
- ·Demonstrated success working with multiple levels of employees in a matrix organization
- ·Understanding of ITAR, licensing, and compliance requirements
- ·International program experience
- ·Demonstrated success working in a teaming environment with military customers
- ·Existing Secret clearance with ability to be cleared to Top Secret and special program accesses
- ·Understanding of the DoD acquisition environment and processes
- ·Broad knowledge of missile technologies/capabilities and the ability to communicate effectively to executive level audiences in writing and in person
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other related technical discipline