Manager - Business Development
11 - 15 years experience • Energy / Oil & Gas
This position will report to the Director of Business Development and be responsible to maintain existing clients to ensure a healthy and positive relationship. Will also be responsible to identify and win new business, develop customer penetration strategies, provide leadership in the planning and implementation of market and customer penetration strategies in order to cultivate and capture new business opportunities that enable Tank Serivces to exceed revenue and profit expectations. This position’s home base is in Tulsa, Oklahoma or North Central area.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the Company’s overall strategy.
- Align with a set of repeatable and sustainable business development processes and tools.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business development, sales and execution cycle of the Company’s services to create new business opportunities.
- Work with operating groups in development of business development plans and marketing strategies focused on cross segment selling.
- Assist in the development and submittal of client proposals.
- Provide input for monthly sales meetings presentation.
- Assist in the planning and development of salesbudget.
- Coordinate upcoming plans and sales activities and communicate to operating groups.
- Satisfy business development and salestargets for Company growth.
- Be proactive with on-going sales process to advise key customers of Company’s full-range of products and services.
- Networkwithin the industry including speaking at industry conferences and/or attending conferences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the market by monitoring competitor activity and adjusting our sales messages in order to maintain a competitive edge.
- Develop and maintain close business relationships with existing or potential customers and other key industry representatives.
- Understanding of the oil & gas pipeline engineering and construction industries preferred.
- Knowledge of downstream business from storage tanks and terminals in new construction and repair and maintenance service offerings.
- Possess a thorough understanding of operators and competitive EPC firms in the USA.
- Possess already established relationships with tanks/terminals customers in the USA.
- Ability to work with multiple groups to expose sales opportunities.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ensures the corporate culture and value system permeates throughout the area of responsibility.
- Consistent travelwithin the US is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of business development experience in one or a combination of areas of emphasis listed: Sales, 5-10 years outside sales and or marketingexperience.
- 2-5years sales management experience in the tanks/terminals industry.
- Demonstrated leadership experiencewith fast-paced, high-growth companies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of downstream facilities engineering and construction, petrochemical, oil & gas industries preferred.
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident.
- Experience in strategic planning and business development.
- Ability to analyze financial data and basic financialreports, statements, and forecasts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Moderate to strong skills with the suite of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience tracking accounts, client and opportunities in SalesForce or other comparable CRM system.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials, or Other Requirements:
- Must be able to obtain a US Passport
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
- Will have a satisfactory MVR report
- Regular travelrequired: 60-80%