Labor and Employment Corporate Counsel
: United States-California-Redondo BeachUS CitizenshipRequired for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: No relocation assistance availableClearance Type: None
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
As a key legal advisor on labor and employment law matters, Senior Corporate Counsel – Labor and Employment will manage the labor and employment law support for a major Northrop Grumman business sector including manufacturing, engineering, and functional areas. Counsel will participate on HR andother leadership teams, provide legal advice to management in various areas of labor and employment law, represent the company in mediations, regulatory agencyinvestigations,audits, and hearings, conductinternalinvestigations, develop human resource policies and procedures and provide training to human resources and management business partners. Counsel will partner across the law department, with many functional and business stakeholders across the company, including human resources, corporate responsibility, service center operations,security, and with company leadership at all levels in the United States andinternationally. As part of the labor and employment law team, counsel will provide strategic advice on human resources and business initiatives, help lead the company in its compliance with labor and employment laws and regulations, create solutions to mitigate labor/employment legalrisk, and defend the company when personnel actions are challenged. The positionreports to Northrop Grumman’s Assistant General Counsel, Labor and Employment, and is located in the Los Angeles, California area.
- Law Degree from an ABA accredited law school and active bar membership.
- Member of the California Bar, be capable of being licensed through testing or comity, or, in lieu of licensure, be capable of registering as an in-house counsel in California in accordance with the rules of the State Bar of California.
- 15years of labor/employment experience at top law firm(s) and/or in-house legal department(s).
- Experience counseling clients on a breadth of employment and labor law issues, including but not limited to federal and state laws on discrimination & harassment, wage & hour, leave of absence, non-compete & non-solicitation, and arbitration.
- Experience conducting investigations, drafting responses to administrative charges, developing and implementing policies and procedures, preparing and negotiating settlement agreements, and representing companies in employment litigation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal matters, including audits, investigations, mediations, and administrative hearings.
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. DoD security clearance.
- Experience managing the labor and employment law function of a multinational corporation with 20,000+ employees.
- Familiarity with diverse state labor and employment laws, specifically California, as well as other states like Florida, Oklahoma, Utah, and/or Massachusetts.
- Experience advising government contractors, including with respect to affirmative action programs, OFCCP and WHD audits, and the Service Contact Act.
- Experience in traditional labor law, including RC, ULP, bargaining, CBA administration, and labor arbitration.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals at all levels and areas within the organization, from executive leadership to first-line supervisors.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional integrity, outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional ability for collaboration, team work and motivation of others through thought leadership.