IT Security Engineer
Brown University Computing and Information Services seeks qualified candidate to join the IT Security Team.
The IT Security Engineer is a member of the team responsible for implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of security systems, processes, policies, and compliance efforts in support of information technologysecurity at Brown University. They work within CIS and consults with departmental technical contacts to ensure that university data and resources are adequately protected and are maintained within university security policies and standards. The IT Security Engineer is involved with the evaluation, testing, and validation of the security of new products, solutions, and methodologies. They are a member of the Information Security Incident Response Team and participate in security incident response and forensic analysis as needed.
- BA/BS experience and 3-5 years combined IT and IT securityexperience.
- 2-3 years experience managing firewall policies and using common security related tools.
- Strong working knowledge of VPN configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to relate business requirements to design principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.Must be able to independently lead cross-functional project teams.
- Knowledge of some of the following:Windows and Unix operating systems, vulnerability scanning, incident response, Linux OS administration, DNS, wireless and packet capture analysis.
- Development life-cycle experiencepreferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to research and learn new technology.
- Applicable security certifications preferred.