Implementation Engineer - SAS Fraud Management
5 - 7 years experience • Software
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
No matter the industry, organizations are collecting data at a faster pace than they can often handle. SAS provides everything they need to make sense of that data, manage its growth and determine what information brings the most value. Whether it’s to reduce fraud in banking, speed drugs to market in life sciences, forecast demand in retail, detect security breaches in government or identify students at risk of falling behind, SAS takes pride in making a difference.
Position Location = San Diego, CA - SAS Regional Office or Remote/Global support - Australia or APAC Region.
A role which requires a well-rounded, forward-thinker’s technical expertise to fulfill installation and implementation service delivery responsibilities for SAS Fraud Management, an industry leading enterprise fraud detection and prevention solution. Other areas of responsibility and exposure may include pre-sales support and collaboration internally with R&D and Product Management on product feedback and advise future state.
- Takes a leading role during implementation projects for performing technical planning, installation, validation and knowledge transfer of the SAS Fraud Management solution.
- Active participant and member of implementation project teams during service delivery phases; works with other team members and builds a trusted relationship with the program manager, project manager, technical/solution/integration architect, business consultant, data scientists/modelers and local country SAS team (if international customer) to provide thought leadership and be the point person performing software installation, configuration and validation.
- Develops and enhances personal and group skills internally at SAS as well as with customers to foster a long term relationship and partnership.
- Actively participates in discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document technical requirements during the customer implementation project.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Collaborates with R&D and Product Management by providing feedback from the field and customer as well domain and industry expertise to advise future state of the solution.
- Provides support to product support team to triage customer issues, where necessary.
- Motivated and able to be productive working independently or as part of a team.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Technology/Technical Skills:
- Operating systems, such as Linux and UNIX.
- Relational database concepts (including IBM DB2 LUW and Oracle). Ability to understand, form and execute SQL language.
- Web Services and SOA concepts
- Cloud Computing concepts and enablement (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Networking concepts and technologies (F5, Cisco, etc.)
- Java and Web technologies
- Ability to travel (both domestic and international) between 10 and 20%
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present and convey intended message with content and detail appropriate for the audience, including C-level executives, business users, technical managers, system administrators/architects.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Scripting and programming experience (e.g. Java, SAS, Perl, Python, shell scripting, etc.)
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis), Hadoop and in-memory technologies.
- Financial services industry IT experience (retail or commercial).
- Exposure to advanced analytics techniques and concepts
- Experience working internationally or with international customers. Ability to adjust to cross-cultural etiquette and sensitivities.