The Head of HR leads and drives the HR function at thyssenkrupp System Engineering (tkSY) USA and as business partner ensures that people topics are an integral part of tkSY USA business strategy.
Based on the intended growth scenario at tkSY USA HR needs to ensure necessary recruitment of personnel as well as the ongoing qualification and retention of its employees. Part of the global HR Executive team of the BU SY and works together as well with regional cluster and regional HQ HR function at BA IS and tkAG.
1. People StrategyImplement and monitor USA HR strategy; coordinate yearly operative and mid-term personnel planning process together with Finance; develop and implement HRbudget and plan, monitor both budget and target achievement, conduct organization review (including staffing structure, skills, department performance, leadership) and prepare proposals for further review in order to meet planning and budgeting requirement and support business development.
2. Recruitment and Staffing
(i) Supervise employer brand promotion programs and monitor recruiting program in order to attract talent together with the GFT USA
(ii) Oversee the delivery of effective advice, information or analytical services in payroll and benefits administration, recruiting and staffing, personnel record keeping, reporting, employee service and any other administrative processes following agreed timeliness, quality and cost standards in order to provide qualified candidates and ensure smooth/efficient recruitment process.
(iii) Establish processes together with GFT that guarantee enough suitable candidates for growth of the company and replacement needs due to turnover.(iv) Coordinate approval process of individual hiring requests coming from department heads together with tk SY BA and IS Hiring Board.
3. Training and Development
(i) Manage learning/training requirements and oversee delivery of programs in order to support the business and organization.
(ii) Develop and deliver management programs in order to train, develop and retain, closely work together with regional cluster and regional HQ in bundling possible activities. (iii) Drive talent management including identification and development of local, regional and senior management talent; coordinate succession planning for management positions below Executive Board level.
4. Retention, Comp & Ben, Perf MgmtImprove compensation and benefit system according to HR strategy, corporate policies and relevant government regulations; monitor compensation and benefit system operations including market data management; develop motivation systems including variable pay for technicians, engineers, project managers and team leaders; and initiate talent retention proposals in order to attract, retain and motivate talent.
5. HR Policies Develop enhance and monitor the implementation of HR-related policies and procedures in order to ensure compliance with HR strategy.
6. Employee Relations Create good working environment for employees; monitor and maintain public relationship; oversee employee relationship program and handle key employee issues; develop and maintain employee communication channels and prioritize communication messages in order to improve employee satisfaction rate and retain key talent.
7. Mgmt DevBalance the allocation of work across direct reports; review and provide timely performance feedback to direct reports; mentor, develop and motivate them; resolve people/functional issues.
8. OSHReport the relevant OSHA and internal safety & health activities of the company including incident reporting.