Candidates for this position are required to have an overall understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and strong knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS software.
The Candidate is responsible for developing and delivering GIS solutions, data, and services in support of North Louisiana Division Operations.
Candidates should be proficient with ArcGIS Desktop, capable of applying GIS concepts and knowledge to troubleshoot and problem solve, and able to work independently on projects, and establish workflows, processes, and methods. The ideal Candidate for this position will be innovative, highly motivated, and possess exceptional critical thinking skills and initiative. A high level of attention to detail is required.
• Provide advanced GIS support to Range Resources' North Louisiana Division and corporate Enterprise GIS.
• Define and manage projects to improve GIS support for the Division, according to business needs.
• Meet with end user departments to understand user needs; using input from the users - research, evaluate and implement custom solutions.
• Maintain geospatial datasets to ensure GIS databases and GIS web applications are up-to-date, and develop new processes and procedures, as necessary.
• Devise and conduct advanced spatial analysis and solutions for end users.
• Understand and adhere to existing data management structures, processes and procedures.
• Provide user support and training for GIS web application (Geocortex) web maps.
• Facilitate GIS training, working with staff and vendors.
• May review work products of other GIS technical staff.
Being courteous, cooperative, and helpful are conditions of employment with Range. Additionally, each item listed below is an essential function of this position.
· Regular and timely attendance
· Deal professionally and respectfully with coworkers, management and others
· Read, comprehend and follow applicable policies, procedures and directions
· Work with others as part of a team to ensure efficient operations and enhanced productivity
· Safeguard confidential information and disclose only to those in "need-to-know" positions
· Safeguard and enhance Range's assets and business interests
· Consistently perform all job duties at an acceptable level
Bachelor's degree in GIS, Computer Science, Geography, or related field and at least ten (10) years of experience with GIS software.
Minimum Experience: 8+ years of related and relevant experience
Oil & Gas Exp Required:Preferred
• Solid understanding of GIS concepts with the ability to present analytical alternatives and develop geospatial solutions.
• Knowledge of ESRI's ArcGIS software required.
• Must have the desire to take ownership and responsibility, as well as exhibit effective leadership abilities.
• Knowledge of map coordinate systems, projections, and transformations is required.
• Understand, interpret, and analyze data quickly.
• Experience capturing, converting, creating, editing, manipulating and maintaining digital information in a GIS environment.
• Strong cartographic and data management skills.
• Understanding of data management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of FME (ETL, Data Interoperability) software and Python - beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
• Knowledge of Jeffersonian land survey systems (PLSS), tax parcels, and metes and bounds legal descriptions.
• Some knowledge of the administration and maintenance of ArcGIS Server, Geocortex, and web applications - beneficial.
• Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and SQL.
• Fundamental oil & gas industry knowledge and experience are strongly preferred.
• Must have the aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be organized, highly motivated, efficient, and able to work independently.
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.