Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that is rock solid. Sometimes we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer in our San Diego, CA office.
As a Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on geotechnical engineering projects in a multi-disciplinary project team environment. In collaboration with the geotechnical team leader, you will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Scoping and overseeing field explorations including subsurface materials logging (some travelrequired).
- Undertaking various types of geotechnical analyses and calculations.
- Assist the geotechnical team leader in managing the budget and quality on small to medium size geotechnical projects.
- Contribute to proposal preparation activities.
- Be able to independently deliver small geotechnical projects from start to finish.
- Be able to give technical direction to drafting and clerical personnel in preparation of reports, drawings, plans, specifications etc.
- Assist in geotechnical report preparation on medium to large projects.
- Interface with various Stantec project managers and principals to understand their geotechnical needs.
- Provide support to geotechnical team leader with regional business development activities as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of a Bachelordegree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering. Masters in Civil/Geotechnical Engineeringpreferred.
- PE in California preferred (or ability to obtain PE licensure within one to two years)
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in geotechnical consulting with a professional services firm (California experiencepreferred but not required).
Job ID 31557