Enterprise Solutions Architect II: Classified IT Infrastructure
The Enterprise Solutions Architect helps define and guide many parts of the current and future state IT infrastructure architecture, encompassing all Ball Aerospace classified systems. Making key contributions to the IT Infrastructure Architecture matrixed team, this role helps ensure standards and architectural principles are implemented consistently across project efforts. As a member ofthe Enterprise Architecture and Innovation team, this role assists guiding IT efforts to be aligned inbuilding a future state that delivers required capabilities while ensuring a supportable, documented, and efficient infrastructure environment. This position will focus on architecture and design within the classified areas of the company, aligning with the larger company-wide Infrastructure standards and guidance.
What you’ll do:
- Solve business challenges via translating business needs to IT requirements, and leading project architectural design efforts to formulate efficient, standardized, and effective solutions.
- Develop and demonstrate architecture subject matter expertise focused on IT compute, storage, network, database, hypervisor and directory-based services.
- Assist the governance oversight process by contributing to assessment of business requirements, solution alternatives, designs, and standards compliance through projectdesign reviews.
- Participate in innovation management activities: research, suggest, evaluate, rank, oversee proof-of-concept activities, and transfer knowledge of appropriate new technologies into thebroader IT environment.
- Work with server, storage, network, database, hypervisor and directory services architects to align detailed technology-based standards to higher-level enterprise standards and philosophies.
- Understand and map required business capabilities to IT infrastructure services.
- Assist in creation of governance practices, standards, and strategies, including Cloud Security Audits, Mobile Strategies, Vendor Assessments, Technology Readiness, Roadmaps, and Solution Architectural Diagrams.
- Operate with a 1-5 year view of technology direction and contribute to roadmaps for this timeframe based on business and customer needs, technology trends, and requiredupgrades.
- Strive to grow into providing thought leadership in innovation, developing standards, architectural governance, and architectural best practices.
- Help to train, guide and mentor other IT staff in adapting IT standards and best practices to provide superior quality solutions for business requirements. Infuse architectural concepts like standards-based, configuration driven, scalable, extensible and manageable solutions.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately withothers in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field, plus 10 or more years’ experience in IT infrastructure, including solutions architecture, and/or enterprise architecture.
- Working knowledge of all layers of multi-tier enterprise IT infrastructure systems, including compute (workstations and servers), storage (SAN, NAS, data protection and archiving), network (media, switches and routers), database (preferably SQL Server and Oracle), hypervisor (preferably VMware) and directory services (preferably Active Directory).
- Proven ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly & analyze quantitatively.
- Detail oriented, and ability to meet, and exceed, quality standards.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to determine an appropriate level of detail given project milestones.
- Excellent planning, organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Manage and execute projects with a strong bias for action; ability to effectively prioritize projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Current Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment, and must be a self-starter who is excited and curious about technology.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years ofexperience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degreemust be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.