Summary of Position:
The Director of IT Service Management is responsible for technology business leadership and vision in IT Service Delivery. They will provide and maintain a single source of consistent information on all IT services delivered to business. They will ensure and verify service performance against stated Service Level Agreements while overseeing and managing the Service Desk and Lennar Field Services organization. They are responsible and accountable for day-to-day service operations and performance. The Director of IT Service Management will establish and direct the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for a Field Support and Support Desk environment, supporting a large national business across multiple business units.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and customer support fro large national field support organization.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a centralized technical support desk supporting a wide variety of corporate customers and technical assets.
- Verify service operations against stated Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
- Manage “live” technical environments on a day to day basis
- Develop and maintain policies, principles and definitions of service packages
- Agree and document service definitions with all relevant parties
- Maintain the service catalogue comprising of all services provisioned
- Ensure consistency between the service catalogue and the overall service portfolio
- Define and create the overall service measurement framework that determines service efficiency
- Define and maintain the overall Service Monitoring and Reporting schedule
- Design and maintain a service dashboard to capture and report aggregate service performance
- Define potential service improvement opportunities
- Manage directly a staff of three direct reports with indirect oversight of a staff of approximately 75 resources
- Manage the Field and Technical Support Desk department in accordance with organizational policies and goals.
- Help business operations utilize information systems to improve efficiency.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Recognize new developments in information systems technology, and anticipates organizational modifications.
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information, and intellectual property.
- Function as top-level contact to assist end users in determining IS requirements and solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in IT Service Management & Operations
- 10+ years of management experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field / Advanced degree strongly preferred
- IT Management and Leadership Experience
- Must possess organizational, time management, and motivational skills
- Ability to analyze problems, determine solutions and produce the desired outcome
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic
- Provide Customer Service above and beyond what is expected
- Certifications in ITIL or other related IT Service Management Practices or commensurate experience.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Experience at working as a leader and collaborator in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through organizational dynamics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products – strong analytics skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong Customer service skills and focus required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
- Strong knowledge of IT service management processes and experience in delivering improvements to these processes
- Business awareness of the impact of service levels and any associated failures
- Strong documentation skills, ability to clearly aggregate data
- Experience of leading cross functional teams and managing relationships with business customers
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Robust skills in managing a helpdesk and support function supporting the enterprise
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers, supervisors and management.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Maintain Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.