Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
Direct all aspects of new community land development from feasibility and due diligence to turnover of finished lots for homebuilding operations through bond exoneration and ensure that new communities are opened on time and on budget.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engagedland development department.
- Develops positive, teamwork and achievement-oriented work culture for staff.
- Models and reinforces actions consistent with the Company’s values, vision and culture in line with the core leadership competencies listed on the following page(s).
- Ensures understanding and compliance with land development policies, internal control procedures and practices.
- Directly oversees and manages the land development operations and development team (purchasing, field operations, budgets, staff development and oversight).
- Collaborates with land acquisition team to determine cost estimates, lot count, development timing and risk assessment during feasibility analysis and due diligence phase.
- Implements, maintains and updates land development constructionschedules.
- Monitors financial information on each phase of development, oversees all contracts, budgeting and continually reviews all accounting relative to land efforts.
- Schedules and conducts pre-construction meetings with trade partners, governmental agencies, utility consultants and internal staff.
- Directs and oversees the activities of engineers, consultants, governmental officials & inspectors and trade partners in the development of plans and execution of land development tasks.
- Monitors trade partner, utility company or others’ work for compliance with constructionschedule and scopes of work.
- Works with the land and sales team on HOA management company contracts, scopes, and CC&R draft & recordation.
- Works with the land acquisition team on the land entitlement process.
- Assists and coordinates with the division senior team and relevant department heads, in obtaining final map entitlements and permit approvals for projects.
- Schedules and participates in municipal inspections to achieve final acceptance of improvements and follows up with municipal agencies to obtain final sign-off letters for bond exoneration.
- Addresses municipal field punch-list items for tract acceptance.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong project management, and budgeting skills.
- Experience with master plan communities.
- Familiarity with reading and understanding civil engineering plans- grading, utilities.
- Familiarity with legal and title issues, as well as HOA and architectural issues associated with new home communities.
- Strong working knowledge of entitlements, engineering, planning and zoning issues.
- Ability to direct numerous professional consultants efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Project, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or real estate preferred.
- Strong background in project planning.
- 4-5 years related experience in managing development of new communities.