Discover a career in Sales with Direct Travel!
As one of the fastest growing Travel Management Companies (TMC) in the world, Direct Travel is a leading provider of corporate travel management, leisure, and meetings and events services. We leverage the expertise of our people, where we enable our clients to derive the greatest value from their travel programs from our offerings of superior customer service, progressive technologies, and significant cost savings.
We have offices throughout the US, Canada and the UK. We're currently ranked the 10th on Travel Weekly's 2018 Top 25 Power List.
We're looking to hire a Director of Business Development to join our Central Region. This position is based in Chicago, IL and is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving individual sales quotas. This position will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email and in person. They are also required to develop and grow sales revenue, profits and to achieve individual quotas.
What You Will Do:
- Achieve a pre-established revenue quota annually
- Achieve a prescribed amount of monthly sales calls and presentations
- Develop and manage a strategy for new account development in specific geographical market; includes networking, introductory letters, telephone contact
- Conduct ongoing analysis of travel requirements on prospective clients
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFP) from public and private corporations as required using collected travel data and financial analysis, (using all available tools to assist these efforts)
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports company revenue and profitability targets
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of Direct Travel's products and solutions
- Develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline to continuously grow the business and generate sales
- Liaise with Account Management and Operations management to discuss implementation strategies
- Maintain visible relationship with customer after account sale
- Maintain client specific information electronically in Salesforce
We're Looking for these Qualifications:
- Degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work and industry experience is required
- Must be a demonstrated sales leader with a minimum of 5 years' experience within a business development role, preferably in the travel-based industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong client relationships with all levels within an organization
- Superior analytical ability/aptitude for analyzing financials
- Ability to assess client's business needs and advise decision makers on how Direct Travel's products and services can best meet their travel needs
- Strong initiative, proactive and independent thinker
- Strong presentation skills
- Negotiation expertise
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High aptitude for understanding of and/or experience with technical and financial information