This position will direct the successful development, planning and execution of marketing campaigns for all of Capcom’s key IPs. This role will focus on Capcom's Fighting Games genre, including Street Fighter as well as other Key Capcom IP as assigned.
This position will be responsible to develop brand and product strategies, and manage focused market research to analyze market demands and opportunities for Capcom’s Fighting Games and other assigned products. The Director, Brand Marketing (Fighting Games) will direct and ensure the integration of product marketing programs with activities of sales, PR, licensing, community, digital, mobile and finance groups to maximize program effectiveness. Tracks and analyses effectiveness of marketing plans. Manage marketing product budgets, forecasts and product scheduling. Leads and participates in media events and trade shows for specific products.
Accountable for the management of marketing staff other marketing campaign staff as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the development, planning and execution of product marketing and promotional campaigns for Capcom’s Fighting Games Genre.
- Work with the eSports team to promote and grow Capcom’s current tournaments, and future eSports & fighting games Marketing strategy for Capcom. Develops brand and product strategies.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns incorporating creative strategy, packaging strategy, advertising strategy, online strategy and media mix.
- Responsible for promotions, planning and implementation.
- Manage day-to-day scheduling of product launches.
- Create solid processes for regional collaborations and alignments with CJ and CEE
- Engages in and manages critical discussions with other senior managements including his counterparts in other regions
- Oversee and integrate marketing with activities of sales, PR, licensing, digital, and finance groups.
- Work with all internal departments and outside creative agencies to ensure integrated efforts.
- Works closely with R&D team(s) to provide guidance and feedback in development of Capcom’s Fighting Brands. May be requested to provide development feedback for Capcom’s other brands.
- Manage marketing product budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for copy writing.
- Conduct market research both pre-launch and post-launch on product and brands, as well as provide post mortems for marketing campaigns.
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing plans.
- Provide insight into game feature set for future products, including presentation of greenlight materials to executive staff.
- Lead communication with R&D teams, and share meeting notes with global teams.
- Provide brand input on licensed products, and integration promotion of licensed product into marketing campaigns.
- Product spokesperson and demo staff at events.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Integrity & Ethics
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work across job levels and cultures
- Willing to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Ability to negotiate with all parties to bring about win-win situations
- Must be proactive and have a can-do approach.
- Previous video-games experience an advantage
- Must have the ability to be flexible and adapt to ever-changing situations and business conditions
- Attention to detail and process
Job Specific Competencies:
Budget cost Control
- Stay within the agreed/approved budget for products and ensure all financial documents are completed in a timely manner
- Understand all games within the groups portfolio
- Working knowledge of all the key competitors and their portfolios
Decision Making and Judgment
- Make informed decisions based upon all of the evidence available
- Show initiative in all tactical, creative work and as a senior member of the marketing department
- Experience of working on products/brands preferred with a successful track record of launches across a range of genres.
- Must have the ability to think on their feet and work under their own initiative
- Must work well within a team and have the ability to work with others across all levels and divisions of the organization to achieve company goals
- Ensure the team is results focused and that the departmental and company goals drive all key decision making
- Management experience of a dynamic marketing/brand team. Must be a proven leader in managing effective and winning teams.
- Very strong verbal and written skills
- Proven relationship-building ability essential as well as experience in dealing with foreign offices.
- Manage direct reports to determine and execute a progressive growth plan
- Manage direct reports with respect and integrity and ensure teams goals and KPI’s are met
Requires 6-9 years of experience in product marketing. BA in Business/Marketing or related field. MBA preferred. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on AAA titles. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Must have attention to detail.