JOB SUMMARY: Twenty-four hour responsibility to supervise, coordinate and evaluate nursing care in the Behavioral Health unit, in accordance with the Registered Nurse Practice Act, Standard of Practice and facility policies and procedures. Collaborate with the Program Director in the implementation of the philosophy and objectives for Behavioral Health. Supervise/coordinate all nursing activities to achieve and maintain efficient and competent nursing practices and promote harmonious relationships among personnel supervised, medical staff, patients and internal customers. Define and prioritize goals for self and subordinates. Evaluate performance of nursing personnel and nursing care and suggests modifications. Oversees the provision of patient care for adults and older adult patients.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Current and valid state license as a Registered Nurse.
2. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
3. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)-(AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. A minimum of two years supervisory/management experience necessary.
5. Five (5) years Psychiatric Nursing experience
6. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within 6 months of hire and maintain current
7. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.