The position is a Deal Lawyer and who will play a valuable role in the company’s Legal Department supporting Prysm Sales. The Corporate Counsel will close deals (direct and indirect) through negotiating a variety of technology agreements and will also provide additional legal support as requested. The main focus of this role is on preparation, analysis, negotiation and counseling on technology service and licensing agreements, professional services agreements and other related contracts. This role will include daily interaction with the company’s sales, operations and finance groups. As a self-starting, experienced communicator and problem-solver, this candidate must be able to prioritize effectively and drive issues to resolution within a team environment focused on growth, execution and process improvement.
- Draft, review, analyze, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including technology licensing agreements (SaaS subscription and on-prem agreements), and other agreements relating to professional services, confidentiality, proposals and direct and indirect distribution
- Advising internal clients on contractual rights and obligations, using excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Providing interpretation of contractual terms and clear, actionable guidance on legal and business risks as well as providing creative solutions to arising issues
- Working with cross-functional teams in a global technology company to identify and solve legal issues
- Maintaining and revising template agreements as required
- Conducting various legal projects and other duties as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience at a fast paced, cloud technology company working with SaaS agreements including drafting, review, negotiation and analysis of the same
- Experience supporting enterprise-level sales teams
- 2+ years of law firm experience
- JD from accredited law school and California Bar Admission
- Well organized, detailed oriented and comfortable in a fast paced environment
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that dos not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US and with Prysm (ie., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).