As a Category Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating and implementing a futuristic view point of the pet care category to transform our customer accounts. In this role, you’ll exemplify the leadership and communication skills that drive lasting relationships and top business results. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across all Nestle Purina assets, facilitating your ability to drive pet category strategy and planning with our customers.
Having a deep understanding of the competition and how to leverage market insights will make you a subject matter expert and a trusted leader within your team. Data, analytics and consultative recommendations will guide you in the decision making made by your key customer(s). We are a market leader both on and off the shelf and we are backed by 120 years of rich history that has groomed our culture with passion, integrity, high performance, innovation and unparalleled expertise.
As a culture that always challenges us to think “What’s Next?”, we will empower you to take ownership of online sales and challenge you to do it with creativity and innovation in mind.
- Identify consumer research opportunities, specific to your customer’s business and assist in consumer research solutions
- Analyze consumer off-take opportunities
- Identify and prioritize value-added actions that drive pet category growth, share growth and trade independency
- Develop strategic, category-leadership initiatives by utilizing tools and processes, such as localization, item optimization, shelf space optimization/utilization, in-store merchandising, pricing and promotion planning, and seamless consumer experience
- Establish credibility as an industry leader in category management by developing strong categorypartnerships through demonstration of category and consumer expertise
- Identify and facilitate training programs that meet the needs specified for category team associates and analysts in any of the areas of category leadership
- Manage and translate analytics through the use of Spectra Micro Marketing, Market Research, Consumer Decision Tree, Panel Data, Nielsen Data Retrieval/Analysis, ProSpace, Point of Sale Data, and Loyalty Data.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience in category development, account management or business analytics
- POG Development for store implementation (JDA, Apollo, etc.) preferred
- Experience working with localization, POS data, Nielsen market analysis, Spectra, or panel preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Category Management/Analysis skills preferred
- Data mining and consumer research skills preferred
- Functional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access