Healthcare isn’t just about health anymore. It’s about caring for family, friends,finances, and personal life goals. It’s about living life fully. At Humana, wewant to help people everywhere, including ourassociates, lead their best lives. We support ourassociates to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving ourassociates fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. At Humana, we’re seeking innovative people whowant to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our members, and thehealthcare industry as a whole. Assignment Capsule:Be a part of the legal team -- use your legal expertise to drivehealthcare strategy. Humana is seeking legal counsel who will support Humana and its management by collaborating and consulting throughout the company in order to ensure full compliance with all applicablelaws and regulations including:
- Providing proactive legal advice and support for Humana’s Florida Medicare Advantage, Commercial and Medicaid lines of business;
- Advising on Home Health regulations, Long-Term Care, Medicare and Medicaid laws, and CMS regulations.
- Providing counsel on regulatory compliance, government audits, and business transactions.
Role Essentials• Juris Doctorate, with licensing in at least one state• 5-15years’experience in healthlaw at alaw firm or in-house health care organization• Demonstrated knowledge of InsuranceLaw and Provider Contracting matters Working knowledge of one, or more, of the following:
- Home Health regulations
- Long-Term Care
- Medicare and Medicaid laws
- CMS regulations
• Strong legal research, analytical, and writing skills • Ability to work both independently under general supervision and within a team • Ability to work in complex organization with diverse clients at all levels of the company Reporting Relationships: This area is under the leadership of the Associate General Counsel.