- Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress.
- We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
- Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
- Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin.
- Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels.
- Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- The General Counsel’s Office (GCO) of Citi’s Institutional Client Group is seeking an attorney to provide transactional and regulatory advice and documentary assistance to traders and salespeople primarily in various Citi Equities and othertrading desks.
- The attorney will support the trading, structuring and sales desks for a variety of products, provide advice on new and existing products, oversee outside counsel on specific projects, participate in meetings with local regulators and provide advice to various support groups.
- The attorney will be expected to be familiar with, or learn, provisions of law applicable to the businesses including the Securities Act, the Securities Exchange Act, Dodd Frank Title VII and the Volcker rule.
- Responsibilities will include drafting, advising and reviewing various client agreements and private securities related transactions.The attorney will also be required to participate as a Citi representative in industry group meetings to evaluate best practices and provide comments on proposed rules and regulations.
- All Citi personnel must become familiar with Citi’s Code of Conduct and otherinternal policies and procedures applicable to its respective businesses.
- JDlawdegreerequired, with New York Bar qualification
- 5+ years in the securities or corporate transactional practice at a national or large regional law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of securities laws, Dodd-Frank regulations, such as Tile VII and the Volcker Rule.
- Candidates must have excellent writing and interpersonal skills given that the attorney will have extensive interaction with the business, GCO colleagues, Citi controls functions and outside counsel. The attorney will also be expected to make presentations and conduct training sessions, so candidates should be comfortable with public speaking.
- Job ID: 17079213