At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974.
Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders.
We support this goal with state-of-the-art facilities across Southern Nevada, all of which integrate the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and research capabilities. CCCN is dedicated to patient-centered care, advancing innovation, discovery, and improving outcomes. Motivated, caring professional are encouraged to join us.
We are seeking an Area Manager, Laboratory Services for our team in the Las Vegas area to support the care of ambulatory adult oncology patients. Responsibilities include providing technical supervision for multiple laboratory locations with in-house testing of chemistry, hematology, and urinalysis.
The successful candidate will advise executive and physician leadership on areas of clinical needs, technical issues, and laboratory policies. Maintain overall responsibility for laboratory operations and recommend organizational objectives to assure quality patient testing.
Provide strategic planning and makes recommendations on laboratory equipment purchases by performing financial analysis and proformas to assess potential return on investment. Provide direct supervision to lab staff, manager, and supervisors.
This role supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance program. Assists in supporting an efficient workplace through process improvement (PI) and evidence based practice.
The Area Manager, Laboratory Services will have:
• Prior proven experience and expertise in laboratory management, quality control and proficiency testing.
• Advanced level problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities.
• Exceptional communication skills, organizational skills.
• Experience in coaching, counseling, and performance management.
• Expertise in general laboratory knowledge, technical skills, and clinical practice.
• Professionalism in relationships with medical staff and ancillary support services.
• Ability to perform budgeting and cost analysis on major equipment purchases.
• Oversight of CLIA, COLA, and QA standards for all laboratory services and personnel.
• Expertise in Laboratory Information Services, billing and charge codes.
• Leadership in customer service with reference labs and vendor customer services.
• Ability to conduct meetings, develop written proposals, workplace standards and PI reports.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related science field.
• Minimum seven years experience in laboratory testing.
• Minimum five years of laboratory supervisory capacity.
• ASCP or equivalent certification required.
• Current Nevada state licensure as a General Laboratory Supervisor.
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and will have a passion for driving the best patient care.