General Nature of the Job:
An Engineer in the Garlock Klozure Product team performs applications engineering work relative to Garlock Klozure products in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment. A successful candidate will have a high degree of business acumen, demonstrating the ability to synthesize a large amount of technical, commercial and economic information into sound recommendations. This skill set is essential to support data driven decision making, which will help the Klozure product line meet its goals. It is expected that the individual will be able to balance the needs of many projects, along with daily customer support, while continually completing assignments at a high level of quality. Additionally, this individual should be a self-starter; willing to take ownership of the work they are assigned, as well as adjacent needs of the organization.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and sales personnel in order to ensure proper selection, installation and maintenance of Garlock Klozure products.
- Perform analysis of complex data sets related to both technical and commercial topics.
- Combine technical expertise and business acumen to establish sound strategic recommendations, which will be fundamental to the positioning of the Garlock Klozure portfolio.
- Perform technical training of sales personnel, distributors and end-users.
- Perform failure & field sample analysis, reporting out to applicable parties.
- Utilize product, commercial and industry knowledge to qualify Garlock Klozure products in new applications and environments.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of technical information/literature.
- Responsible for carrying out assignments of substantial complexity. Expectation of significant, autonomous decision making.
- Exhibit leadership, taking ownership for meeting the needs of customers inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to be able to manage several projects, as well as day to day activities, while maintaining a relentless focus on execution and high quality resolution.
- Visit customers’ facilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or a related discipline
- 5+ years of work experience in an engineering role
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Excellent analytic skills utilizing Microsoft Excel or related software
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, potentially changing focus dozens of times per day
- Ability to be able to interface with a diverse team across various levels inside and outside of the organization, with varying degrees of technical aptitude
- Mechanical product design experience using SolidWorks or AutoCad
- Experience with Oracle & Qlikview
- Previous experience using and/or maintaining sealing technologies
Office environment, some travel (10-15%)