Accounts Receivable/ Payable Analyst
Named the top D.C. startup to watch in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum remains entirely bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, Lyft, and the National Restaurant Association. Founded in 2014, Quorum is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with an international office in Brussels.
Called by the Washington Post and by the Huffington Post, Quorum has been featured in over and is used by Walmart, Coca-Cola, Apple, the United Nations, and many other companies, trade associations, and advocacy groups.
As a AP/AR analyst, you will be part of the Operations Team This position is part time and you should expect to work 16-20 hours a week. You will be working in an interdisciplinary, teamwork-oriented environment where you will help build the most powerful advocacy platform on the market.
- You have experience working in a high-volume Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable department
- You have a strong accounting acumen and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You are comfortable learning new technology
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable with interacting with clients that include Fortune 500 companies, major NGOs and government agencies
- You have a customer oriented attitude and are a teammate
- You are passionate about working at a dynamic and fast-paced startup
What You'll Do:
- First week:You'll learn our accounting policies and procedures and our technology stack
- First month:You'll tackle the day-to-day responsibilities of invoicing clients, recording vendor invoices, updatingfinancialschedules, and reviewing and recording expense reports
- First year: You'll identify opportunities to increase process efficiencies and to deliver savings
- We're a small team that works fast and prizes accuracy. We are driven by our team mission to "give people peace of mind"
- We bring remarkable people onto the team at Quorum and work to deliberately develop their careers
- We ensure that Quorum maintains the highest standards of operational excellence by regularly engaging in conversations about industry best practices
- We identify and implement processes that improve productivity for the team as a whole
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern,
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
This position is part time and you should expect to work 16-20 hours a week
If you'd like to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!