The UX Architect uses their creativity and knowledge to balance and solve e-commerce UX and visual design needs. The successful candidate will move seamlessly between the strategic and the tactical, with a focus on the UX and design lifecycle. They’re a decisive product owner, a confident manager, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled eCommerce business partner all rolled into one.
This candidate will be just as comfortable directing a team as they will be rolling up their sleeves and producing detailed UX deliverables. They work closely with other eCommerce and business disciplines to ensure alignment, while being sensitive to both the brand and internal & external eCommerce platform capabilities. This position will manage two team members.
eCommerce Strategy and Information Architecture
- Translate new business strategies (i.e. product launches) into e-commerce UX strategy
- Glean design requirements for brands and retailers through analysis, UX inventories and audits, current-state assessments and stakeholder analysis
- Lead content inventory exercises to examine existing material to locate and identify existing content
- Lead content audit exercises to evaluate content usefulness, accuracy, tone of voice, and overall effectiveness
- Lead information grouping exercises to define user-centered relationships between content
- Lead taxonomy development exercises to define a standardized naming convention to apply to all content
- Lead sitemap exercises for e-commerce re-platforming and new site launch initiatives
- Lead user persona and use case exercises for e-commerceexperiences that map to market personas as supplied/defined by Brand and Consumer Insights teams
eCommerce Interaction & Visual Design
- Build wireframes and interaction diagrams to determine optimum workflows and designs for B2C and B2B e-commerceexperiences
- Build page templates utilizing frontend frameworks architected by the eCommerce Frontend team
- Apply visual design to wireframes and/or page templates incorporating the Brand’s tone/look/and feel
- Partner with Brand teams to ensure alignment of tone/look/feel