Essential job functions:
- Partner with management in the evaluation and selection of preferredevent suppliers (e.g., hotels, audio visual companies, third party planners, transportation, etc.). Define and create Service Level Agreements (SLA) with suppliers to ensure best in class service is delivered.
- Assess meetings processes and eventtechnologyutilization to identify actionable strategies to improve user experience; develop change management plan to overcome objections/ obstacles and build partnerships. Collaborate with eventtechnology supplier(s) to provide guidance on business requirements and ensure efficient and user friendly processes are established within the platform.
- Provide oversight and guidance to logistical staff on event activities (e.g., site selection, food and beverage, audio visual, transportation, entertainment, onsite staff, event safety communication plan, cost estimates and budget management, post-event assessment, etc.) Ensure internal and external partners, facilities, corporate dining, security, legal, compliance, etc. expectations are met. Collaborate with stakeholders to execute and facilitate event components (e.g., online reservation development, travel reservations, billing reconciliation, etc.).
- Identify, negotiate, and select suppliers and vendors (e.g., hotels, third party planners) to reduce costs, minimize risks and penalties and ensure favorable incentives and commissions are achieved.
- Recommend policy revisions as needed to reduce cost and/or improve service and reflect best practices. Influence compliance through effective communication and change management.
- Define reporting requirements, review and validate data to measure program effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain an internal event planning resource site and planning tools to facilitate consistent, high-quality planning standards and optimal experience for event attendees.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality, or tourism required.
- 8years of experience in meetings and events planning; strategic meetings management program development experiencerequired.
- Medical device and/or Pharma experiencepreferred.
- CMP, HMCC, SMMP or similar certificate preferred.
- Experience using Cvent preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Extensive understanding of related aspects of meetings and events industry, including policies, processes, tools, contracts, and best practices.
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience using SharePointpreferred.
- Serve as event planning Subject Matter Expert, staying current of industry best practices, establishing and maintaining a network of industry professionals.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain influential and collaborative relationships at a variety of levels.
- Ability to extract input from colleagues and stakeholders and achieve successful project outcomes through strong consensus building and facilitation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to document and translate business needs into event, contract and/or system requirements, process improvements, and policy changes.
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and with teams, with high personal standards representative of Edwards Lifesciences’ commitment to excellence.
- Excellent at data analysis and business process design.